This blog is about the best toothbrush sanitizer in the market and its importance in our life. All humans need to keep their oral health in check since whatever goes from your mouth to your stomach must be clean and have no bacteria attached to it. Bacteria can cause serious illness and weaken your immunity to fight with viruses and other diseases. To keep your mouth clean you can use several dental instruments, a toothbrush is one of the many examples.
Improved oral health can help boost your confidence and make you look livelier than ever. It can empower and improve your lifestyle by making you feel fresher than ever. Good dental hygiene can help you get ready for your daily tasks. It also avoids costly procedures. When your dental health and routine are intact, you don’t need to feel any pain in your mouth or lead your teeth towards destruction which avoids costly dental checkups. If your dental routine includes visiting a dentist twice a year just for a thorough checkup, your teeth are likely to be stronger and your mouth cleaner.
Better dental hygiene protects a child when a pregnant woman has periodontal diseases as these gum diseases indicate a risk of preterm childbirth. For this purpose, we have compiled a list of ten best toothbrush sanitizers, frequently asked questions about them to clear your mind and a number of their properties.
- Top Ten Best Toothbrush Sanitizers of 2020
- 1 – Wagner Switzerland Deep Toothbrush Sanitizer, best toothbrush sanitizer
- 2 – Philips Sonicare UV Sanitizer
- 3 – DUV Toothbrush Sanitizer
- 4 – Avari Dual UV and Heat Premium toothbrush Sanitizer
- 5 – MECO UV Toothbrush Sterilizer
- 6 – Ubisafe UV Toothbrush Sanitizer
- 7 – HiWEiX Toothbrush Sanitizer, best portable toothbrush sanitizer
- 8 – Philips Sonicare Flexcare Platinum Toothbrush Sanitizer
- 9 – Violife VIO200B Toothbrush Sanitizer
- 10 – Pursonic S1 Portable UV Toothbrush Sanitizer, best sanitizer for a manual toothbrush
- Why is sanitizing a toothbrush so important for your health?
- Buying Guide on Best Toothbrush Sanitizer
- Where do you pay attention to buying this product?
- Advantages of a Toothbrush Sanitizer
- Disadvantages of a Toothbrush Sanitizer
- Which toothbrush sanitizer works better: battery operated sanitizers or AC adapter sanitizers?
- How long do the batteries in the toothbrush sanitizer work?
- Usage Tips
- Frequently Asked Questions!
Top Ten Best Toothbrush Sanitizers of 2020
Scroll down to go through the best choices you have for the best toothbrush sanitizer in the market and order one for yourself now. Our guide will help you choose the best model according to your needs. Give them a read!
1 – Wagner Switzerland Deep Toothbrush Sanitizer, best toothbrush sanitizer
Wagner Switzerland made to the top of our list of best toothbrush sanitizer because it destroys the DNA structures at wavelength C-Band. It has a proven sterilization rate of 99.9%. It does not include a wire (wireless) and can be attached easily on the wall of your washrooms or vanities. If you don’t want to hang it, it can sit anywhere you want.
- Rechargeable Lithium-Ion Battery
- UV-C Sterilizer
- A Smart 3D Design
- Comes with One Year Warranty
- FDA Approved
- Compatible with all brush types, electric and manual.
- It can be used for toothbrushes of kids and adults.
- Wagner Switzerland is best if you are a stay at home person or even if you travel a lot.
- It is safe to use and is programmed to stop automatically when the cover is open.
- Its advanced battery type allows us to use it twelve times on a single battery charge.
- Wagner Switzerland has a removable brush head so that it can be cleaned easily.
- If in a hurry, you can even place a wet toothbrush in it to sanitize as well, it won’t cause any problem.
- It has been reviewed to be heavy in weight.
2 – Philips Sonicare UV Sanitizer
Philips Sonicare made it to our list of top ten best toothbrush sanitizers because of its shiny black color (also available in white) and sleek design. It has a wire attached and thus, the ability to work anywhere with electricity. Philips is a trusted brand of electric appliances all across the globe.
- UV toothbrush sanitizer
- Not wireless
- Includes a sanitizer only, not a toothbrush
- Runs for ten minutes
- Holds two brush heads
- Philips Sonicare UV Sanitizer kills 99.9% of the bacteria and keeps the toothbrush clean.
- As it is compact, it takes very little space in your vanity or washroom.
- You can use it anywhere you want as it is not wireless.
- Its UV bulb is easily replaceable.
- Can be used if two people are brushing together as it has the capacity to hold two toothbrush heads.
- It is not compatible with all models (only compatible with Flexcare, Flexcareplus, Flexcare Platinum Connected, Healthywhite, Healthywhiteplus).
3 – DUV Toothbrush Sanitizer
Maxoak’s DUV toothbrush sanitizer style toothbrush sterilizer is one of our top ten choices of best toothbrush sterilizer because of its USB charger which means you can charge it even with your laptops or computers. It is small in size and easy to carry. It also comes with a travel case which further makes it easier for you to travel with it.
- Comes with a travel toothbrush case
- USB recharged
- UV sterilizer
- Built-in lithium battery
- Comes with a toothbrush sanitizer, manual and brochure
- This toothbrush sanitizer has advanced deep DUV-C sanitizing technology to remove harmful bacteria on your toothbrush.
- It can be used for all toothbrush heads except for Oral-B.
- The toothbrush container slot can also be taken out to clean.
- Once it is fully charged, you can use it for about fifty-five times.
- The sterilization time is three minutes.
- You can sterilize your toothbrush for more than three minutes as well.
- It has the option for six-minute sterilization as well.
- It takes about three hours to recharge.
- It does not have a low battery indicator which means you don’t know when it is charged or not.
- The sanitizer is extremely small.
4 – Avari Dual UV and Heat Premium toothbrush Sanitizer
Avaris’s Premium Toothbrush Sanitizer made it to our list of top ten best toothbrush sanitizers because of its extremely compact and fashionable design. It could prove to be a good addition to your bathroom, shape, and design-wise and function-wise as well. Use this to brush your mouth without the worry of germs on your toothbrush’s bristles and save yourself from diseases and infections.
- Germicidal LED Dual UV
- Includes Toothpaste Holder
- Stand or Wall Mount Options
- It easily destroys all the bacteria on your toothbrush.
- Sterilize your toothbrush in ten minutes.
- It can sterilize up to five toothbrushes or three toothbrushes and a razor.
- Works with all kinds of toothbrushes whether they are made up of wood, plastic or metal.
- Use this toothbrush sanitizer for complete peace of mind about the cleanliness of your toothbrush.
- You can easily mount it on your vanity’s wall and save space.
- If you can’t mount it on a wall, it can stand as well and perform all its functions efficiently.
- It is not wireless, so it has to be plugged in when in use.
5 – MECO UV Toothbrush Sterilizer
Meco’s toothbrush sterilizer made it to our list of top ten best toothbrush sanitizers because of its multipurpose use and ability to fight off the bacteria. It looks good in design can save up a lot of space in your vanity or bathroom. Furthermore, It can be stuck to the wall with a sticky tape even. This enables you to use a clean and fresh toothbrush every time instead of an icky one.
- Multiple Storage Rack
- Easy Installation
- Space of five toothbrushes
- Six insulated plates
- Water Wash
- Wall Mount
- Non-nail design available
- Comes with enhanced adhesive tapes
- Working Environment: 5-50 Celsius
- Up to 99.9% disinfection rate
- UV Sterilization Lamp
- Toothpaste Dispenser
- Meco Toothbrush Sterilizer enables you to place five toothbrushes, hence can be bought for a family.
- As it has six insulated plates, it prevents cross-infection.
- It can be disassembled easily so you can clean, wash it anytime you want.
- It has been tested to clean 99.9% of the bacteria and germs on your toothbrush.
- Meco’s UV sterilizer also combats bacteria that cause gum diseases like gingivitis.
- The price is high.
6 – Ubisafe UV Toothbrush Sanitizer
Ubisafe made it to our list of top ten best toothbrush sanitizers because of its small shape and size. It is easy to carry and light in weight. It can easily fit into your travel bags while traveling. Also, its battery can last up to ten days! Scroll down to read more about this sanitizer.
- Toothbrush Holder
- Portable Sterilizer
- Ultraviolet light
- Comes with a protector case
- USB rechargeable
- Easy and Convenient
- Made in South Korea
- It can last for ten days with a single charge and can help you to sterilize your brush two times a day.
- The travel case helps you protect it against any germ or bacteria and to use it easily while traveling.
- It has a two-step disinfection process that uses ultraviolet light and ozone.
- This will keep bacteria and germs away from your teeth without any hassle.
- As it can last for a long period of time, it helps you save batteries.
- As it is USB rechargeable, it has the tendency to charge your android smartphones.
- Ubisafe Toothbrush sanitizer works with all types of toothbrushes, even with Oral-B.
- According to some reviews, it stopped working after a few weeks, could be a manufacturing fault.
7 – HiWEiX Toothbrush Sanitizer, best portable toothbrush sanitizer
HiWEiX exquisite design and long-lasting battery are what motivated us to include this product in our list of top ten best toothbrush sanitizer. It weighs only 0.65 pounds which makes it easy to carry and enable you to travel with it. It works with all of the toothbrush types and Waterpiks. Scroll down to read more about it!
- Advanced UV light technology
- Compact in shape and size
- USB charging
- White Color
- Charging port: Micro USB
- Charging time: One hour
- HiWEiX toothbrush sanitizer is very effective and fast to sanitize as it takes only three minutes to do so.
- It has a long lifespan LED chip up to twelve thousand hours and you can sanitize your toothbrush fifty to fifty-five times within that period.
- The UV light it includes is much safer than the traditional mercury bulb and can easily destroy the DNA structure in bacteria’s body.
- The disinfection turns off automatically after three minutes.
- For the user’s convenience, there is a light to indicate full charging.
- It is suitable for Quip and most of the flat handle toothbrushes.
- This can be used for Waterpik tips as well.
- It is much pricier than its competitors.
8 – Philips Sonicare Flexcare Platinum Toothbrush Sanitizer
Philips Sonicare Platinum Toothbrush Sanitizer is probably one of its kind and the best on the market and hence, on our list of top ten best toothbrush sanitizers. It has its app which gives you’re a personalized experience and helps you improve brushing and cleanliness. It can play a great part in keeping you protected from bacteria and diseases. Philips Sonicare also helps you to maintain a proper and hygienic dental routine.
- Recommended by Dental Professionals
- UV Sanitizer
- Smart Sensor Technology
- Deluxe Travel case
- Travel Charger
- Sonicare app
- Bluetooth technology
- It has a location sensor that shows where you are brushing too little for better coverage.
- Philips Sonicare has a pressure sensor too that will let you know if you are brushing too hard.
- It has a touchup feature that provides you guidance based on your brushing routine so that you can easily address any missed areas and achieve a cleaner toothbrush.
- You can download the Sonicare app from the Google Play or Apple App Store.
- The app enables you to set goals, tips, and alerts, track progress and receive personalized.
- The sensor works without the app as well.
- It is very expensive when compared with its competitors.
9 – Violife VIO200B Toothbrush Sanitizer
This toothbrush sanitizer of Violife is in our top ten best toothbrush sanitizers because it also comes with a free manual toothbrush and the fact that you can easily see what is going on inside it. It helps you ensure if the process is going on smoothly or not. Its UV-light technology can easily destroy 99.9% of the germs.
- Powered by 2 x AA batteries
- Comes with a manual toothbrush
- Turns off automatically in six minutes
- Available in two colors; turquoise and silver
- Rubber grip
- Lifetime UV bulb
- Safe for travel
- With the help of the rubber grip, the toothbrush can be held easily.
- Violife can sanitize manual brushes as well as electric brushes.
- It also has a suction cup that prevents contamination.
- Inside the toothbrush sanitizer, there is a small drip tray which moisture when in excess and can be easily removed for cleaning.
- It has a clear panel on its lid which makes it easier for the user to see the sanitizing cycle.
- You can use it for travel without any worry, it is designed for safe travel.
- It is made up of plastic which feels a bit creaky.
- The lid is harder to open
- It is expensive when compared with its competitors.
10 – Pursonic S1 Portable UV Toothbrush Sanitizer, best sanitizer for a manual toothbrush
Pursonic S1 made it to our list of top ten best toothbrush sanitizers because of its extremely low price and good functioning. It has an adjustable rubber grip of good quality and can easily fit in any toothbrush, a trait which some if not many, of its competitors lack. Definitely worth the price. Scroll down to read more about it!
- Powered by 2 x AA batteries
- Weighs 4.7oz with the batteries
- Comes with a plastic case
- Low Price
- Turns on and off automatically
- Adjustable rubber grip to hold the toothbrush in one place
- Green LED to indicate functioning
- The process of sanitization runs for five minutes.
- The UV light switches off automatically after the process.
- There is an LED that gives off green light to indicate the start of the process and goes out when done.
- As it comes with a case, you can also use it while traveling.
- It is the cheapest option available in the market.
- It has a very neat touch to it and very slim in design.
- There is no need for the replacement of UV light bulbs as they are highly efficient.
- The quality of plastic is not the best.
These are just some of the sanitizers which we think will help you be germ and bacteria-free. We hope our reviews were helpful and gave you an overview of what the toothbrush sanitizer market is currently offering. The ten products we included in this list vary over a large range of price, at least one of them must have made into your budget.
Why is sanitizing a toothbrush so important for your health?
A toothbrush sanitizer helps to clean your toothbrush so that when it goes in your mouth to clean it, it does not end up doing the opposite of its job and spread bacteria. It is of immense importance to keep your toothbrush clean because due to the dust particles in its surroundings, it can easily catch bacteria which can ultimately land you in a hospital.
Also, have you ever wondered where the bacteria from your mouth which the toothbrush removes, go? Well, firstly it goes to the drain when you spit the toothpaste out, but some of it attaches on the bristles of your toothbrush and doesn’t remove even when you wash it. Some of the people don’t wash the toothbrush properly as well which is normal, they might don’t know how to or they might be in a hurry to go somewhere.
One important fact that you need to keep in your mind is that bacteria tend to multiply and increase, thus they need to be removed from any surface of your daily use a soon as possible.
You might have noticed that your toothbrush might have started to smell bad. That is because it has gotten different bacteria and fungi on it which only can be cleaned with enzymes in a toothbrush sanitizer.
In times like today when the spread of diseases in extremely rapid, it is essential for us to keep a sanitizer for our toothbrush and brush our mouth without any worry. It is very unfortunate that we don’t pay much attention to these tiny facts which can lead to results we wouldn’t want for ourselves or our loved ones.
Now that you are done reading the reviews and the importance of toothbrush sanitizers, you must be confused about the important features to look for while buying the best toothbrush sanitizer for you and your loved ones.
Buying Guide on Best Toothbrush Sanitizer
There are a number of features that you must consider before making a purchase of a toothbrush sanitizer as it is often expensive. It is always recommended to go prepared for any purchase you make.
Where do you pay attention to buying this product?
Below is the list of features that we think anyone buying a toothbrush sanitizer must keep in their mind. It will help you buy the right toothbrush sanitizer for you.
You need to check the capacity of a toothbrush sanitizer before purchasing it. Capacity means the number of toothbrushes it can sanitize at a time. Most of the toothbrushes can only sanitize one toothbrush at a time. These are usually perfect for single people. However, if you live with your family or with roommates, you will require a toothbrush sanitizer that can sanitize more toothbrushes at a time so that one person does not have to wait for the other one to be done with sanitizing. This waiting may increase the chances of the person getting late for their work or school. It is recommended that families buy a toothbrush sanitizer which can accommodate more brushes at the same time and save themselves from the hustle.
Most of the toothbrush sanitizers are wireless and come with a battery. Ensuring that the battery is long-lasting will be very effective during travel. You won’t have to waste time waiting for the toothbrush sanitizer to charge itself every morning. If the battery of your toothbrush sanitizer is not long-lasting, you might get into trouble by being late to work or college even if you are not traveling as it might run out anytime. Hence, the battery must be reliable.
Some of the toothbrush sanitizers are portable and some do not possess this feature. You need to identify your routine and lifestyle before making this purchase. For instance, if you travel a lot, you will need a portable toothbrush sanitizer so that you can always carry it with yourself where ever you go. However, if you stay at home most of the time, then a portable toothbrush won’t really do any good for you. For you, there is a toothbrush sanitizer that can be mounted easily on the wall of your vanity or washroom and save you a lot of space of shelves. Portable toothbrushes are usually small and compact in design and shape.
You always need to make sure what your budget is before making a purchase. There are a number of toothbrush sanitizers performing the same function but with different features and you can easily buy them on a wide range of prices. If you are a student, the expensive toothbrush sanitizers may not be for you, but if you are a family and are looking for toothbrush sanitizers which can accommodate a number of toothbrushes, your sanitizer might be a bit expensive. Prices of sanitizers also vary from design to design.
Moreover, in this article, we have also combined together with some advantages and disadvantages of the toothbrush sanitizers so that you can easily judge if they are worth all the money and time or not.
Advantages of a Toothbrush Sanitizer
One of the major advantages of a toothbrush sanitizer is that it is chemical-free, which means the method of UV-light sanitizing does not involve any chemicals. When your toothbrush is sanitized, it is made bacteria-free and does no harm when you use it again. It is a stress-free and reliable method. There are myths that toothbrush sanitizers might leave chemicals on the toothbrush heads, but they are just myths. Health is the top priority.
The fact that toothbrush sanitizers are available in all price ranges in just unbelievable. Many of the models are cost-effective. Hygiene has been made affordable through this product so that most of the people can easily afford it. You can afford these even if you are a student. Toothbrush sanitizers don’t run out of their functions very soon, they are long-lasting and reliable. Our list includes toothbrush sanitizers from all of the price ranges.
Most of the toothbrush sanitizers are small and compact in shape and design. They are decent looking and increase the vibe of your vanity when mounted on the wall. There are specific models of most companies designed as portable for people who travel a lot so that it does not increase in their luggage weight. Toothbrush sanitizers are kept very light in weight and are easy to carry. They often come along with travel cases so that you can easily pack them in one and carry it with yourself.
We assure you that you can find a toothbrush sanitizer which completely fills all your requirements. There is a wide variety of features and designs made available in the market. There are special toothbrush sanitizers designed for travelers, large families or roommates. These designs can accommodate all your needs.
Maintains Oral Hygiene
Last, but not the least, toothbrush sanitizers kill up to 99.9% of the bacteria on your toothbrush which can cause diseases in your stomach and infections in your mouth if not cleaned. Toothbrush sanitizers have proven to save users from periodontal diseases such as gingivitis which is pretty common. Anyone with bleeding gums can have it. They have proven to be highly effective and easy to use.
Disadvantages of a Toothbrush Sanitizer
There is no size set for a toothbrush sanitizer’s grip which has to hold your toothbrush. Your toothbrush might not fit into the grip of your toothbrush sanitizer. So, you need to be careful while purchasing one. Ask the seller if it can hold your toothbrush model or design before making the purchase. Many of the toothbrush sanitizers cannot hold each and every toothbrush design.
To store your toothbrush in a toothbrush sanitizer, it is necessary for you to cover the toothbrush with some material around it, it can be a toothbrush cap. It covers the head of the toothbrush and saves it from getting more bacteria which is possible in the toothbrush sanitizer does not have a proper drain around it. Not having a drain can lead to the birth of mold and bacteria in a toothbrush sanitizer which can be dangerous for your health if your toothbrush is open to it.
Limits on the Power Source
Before buying a toothbrush sanitizer, you need to make sure where you are going to use it and identify your lifestyle, as we have stated above. One of the reasons for that is because not all toothbrush sanitizers are powerless and not all of the portable toothbrush sanitizers have batteries in them. Some need batteries and some toothbrush sanitizers need AC adapters to fully function. You may not be able to find AC adapters everywhere if you travel a lot or you can’t use sanitizers which require plugging in for travel, hence you need to buy the portable one with long-lasting and effective batteries.
Scroll down to read more about toothbrush sanitizers if you have confusion and want to know more about them!
Which toothbrush sanitizer works better: battery operated sanitizers or AC adapter sanitizers?
Battery operated sanitizers are usually best for people who have to travel a lot or for people who do not have an electricity connection near their vanity or wherever they are going to place or mount the toothbrush sanitizer. Battery sanitizers can be long-lasting if you use good batteries. They can be used anywhere, everywhere. They are perfect as not all power outlets can support your model of toothbrush sanitizer. However, they can run out of battery anytime, that time could be when you need to use them and don’t have enough time to charge.
AC adapter sanitizers can only be used wherever there is an electric port. They are the best when you are going to use them at a single place only, not for travel purposes. They don’t have the threat of running out of battery and can be used anytime as well.
There are sanitizers that have both of these features included in them and are preferred more by the customers. They have fewer chances to stop working whenever you need it the most.
How long do the batteries in the toothbrush sanitizer work?
It totally depends on how many times you use the sanitizer in a day and how many toothbrushes you sanitize with it. Normally, a good battery should last two months. Batteries use germicidal bulbs which are don’t consume much energy and enable the batteries to last longer. Keep monitoring the light indicator on your toothbrush sanitizer in order to be sure if the battery is working or not. If there is a light on the indicator, it means that the battery of the toothbrush sanitizer is working, but if there is not, it means that the battery has stopped working. You either need to recharge it or change it, depending on the situation.
Toothbrush sanitizers are electric appliances that need some attention and care to last long and perform their functions appropriately. Below are some tips and tricks to use them wisely and gain maximum benefits from them.
You need to remember that ultraviolet light is dangerous for our health and eyesight. Please leave the area when your toothbrush is being sanitized. Keep the toothbrush sanitizer away from kids as their eyes are very sensitive and may get effected negatively in the remaining present while the toothbrush sanitizer is performing its functions.
Whenever you use an electric appliance, you need to keep it away from water. Toothbrush sanitizer is also an electrical appliance, so when you use it, mount it on a wall away from any tap and don’t place it near a tap or on a wet surface as well.
Most of the toothbrush sanitizer models are wireless and rely on batteries to work which have to be recharged from time to time. Whenever and wherever you recharge the batteries, don’t leave them attended especially if you are recharging them in the washroom. Unplug the adapter when you leave home if your toothbrush sanitizer is not wireless. Every time you charge, check the integrity of the adapter wire insulation.
You also need to be careful about the health of the batteries if you are using a portable toothbrush sanitizer. Clean them carefully and regularly. If you feel like the batteries have become swollen or oxidized, replace them immediately to save the sanitizer and yourself from any harm.
Ultra Violet Lamp
When you do not use the toothbrush sanitizer with the required care, the lamp often stops working. Please don’t try to change it yourself. It has probably soldered to the board. You most likely need to buy a new device if you did not operate the previous one with the necessary precautions.
Ultra Violet Treatment
Please process dry brushes as soon as possible after use. You should reprocess the toothbrush before immediate use if the brush has been in the sanitizer for more than twenty-four hours. If you have a sanitizer with a large tray, you can use it to handle mouthguards as well.
Just like the rest of the electrical appliances, you are not supposed to wash the toothbrush sanitizer. Don’t put it under the direct water stream, it will damage its battery and bulb. You can just wash the removable parts of it which are usually made up of plastic. The rest of the parts can be cleaned with a cotton wipe dipped in vinegar or just warm water.
Before using the toothbrush sanitizer, make sure that is it fully dry. Clean excess moisture and ointment of toothpaste from your toothbrush before placing them in the sanitizer. Keep the surface on which the sanitizer is mounted or placed clean and tidy.
Placement of toothbrushes
Place the toothbrush carefully from where the lamplight in coming. Pull out the rubber holders if your toothbrush does not fit the sanitizer case. Not all cases are suitable for all toothbrush heads. For electric toothbrushes, you will need a stationary sanitizer suitable. This all will lead to highly effective disinfection.
To further increase your confidence for this purchase, we have also prepared a FAQ. In this, we will try to answer all the questions asked most of the time about the toothbrush sanitizers. Our main objective will, of course, be to clear all of your confusion and queries. Scroll down to read it!
Frequently Asked Questions!
For your information, the most common and widely used type of toothbrush sanitizers is ultraviolet light-based ones. The function of UV light is to fully dry the toothbrush and kill the germs on it while drying. They have been used and experimented by dentists and other people, so it is safe to say that UV toothbrush sanitizers do work and are a great addition to your oral hygiene.
According to scientific research, chlorhexidine or sodium hypochlorite solutions are one way to disinfect a toothbrush. Scientists firmly believe that these chemicals destroy bacteria, but in lab conditions and environments that cannot be created at home. The toothbrushes are marinated in the chemical solution for almost twelve to twenty hours in the lab. The solution is replaced from time to time and is available in large quantities. The results of the experiment are not damaged. Not every bathroom can have several cups of chlorhexidine as it can be dangerous and is not made to be used to home by people of all ages and walks of life. It is a very troublesome method.
Here comes the second method which is popularly used by everyone as it is easy and convenient to use; the ultraviolet light toothbrush sanitizers. It has the tendency to remove pathogenic bacteria from your toothbrush within minutes and can be used by anyone. You just have to turn them on and place your toothbrush in them to get it cleaned within no time. They are cheap and easily available in the market.
Yes! Toothbrush sanitizers are extremely necessary and should definitely be a part of your dental health. They remove bacteria from your toothbrush which can cause a number of diseases and infections in your body. They are necessary especially in times of today when there is a global pandemic. You do not want your immune system or the immune system of your family weakened because of bacteria on a toothbrush. Visiting a hospital is not recommended in a number of countries due to the widespread of Covid-19.
Moreover, it helps your toothbrush remove bad odor from your mouth. A dirty toothbrush might not be able to do that and may cause cavities in your mouth rather than killing them. Toothbrush sanitizers play an indirect but very important role in keeping your teeth and gums healthy by eliminating bacteria from the bristles of your toothbrush.
The best toothbrush sanitizer is the one that falls into your budget and fulfills all your requirements.
According to our reviews, Philips Sonicare Platinum Toothbrush Sanitizer is the best one available in the market. It has an app that helps you to sanitize your toothbrush correctly and maintain your dental routine. It includes Smart Sensor Technology which helps you to improve your experience. It is rechargeable, portable and best of travel. It also comes with a portable case. Philips Platinum is also quite sleek and compact in design which further makes you want to buy this toothbrush sanitizer. It has Bluetooth feature as well and the app is available on Google Play and Apple store. However, the price of this toothbrush sanitizer is comparatively very high mainly because it is tech advanced in nature. Philips is also a trusted brand in the world of electronics.
There are a number of ways to disinfect your toothbrush both naturally and unnaturally.
First of all, there is the old-fashioned way which the majority of us use. After brushing your teeth, wash the toothbrush and rinse it in warm water for fifteen seconds. Store it after the process at a place where it is not airtight. It must not be in a cabinet or a drawer. Secondly, you can disinfect your toothbrush by using peroxide. Carefully soak your toothbrush in hydrogen peroxide and leave it in it for three to five minutes. Then rinse it with hot water. Thirdly, by using mouthwash. You have to soak your toothbrush in the mouthwash was three to five minutes, same as the tip above and then rinse it thoroughly with hot water to disinfect it. The fourth way is to boil the toothbrush in water for two to three minutes. Boiling is an effective natural and traditional way to kill most germs on a plastic or glass product.
Lastly, use vinegar and baking soda. Take half a cup of water, add two tablespoons on vinegar in it and then add a half scoop of baking soda. Mix the mixture well and then place your toothbrush in it for thirty minutes. It will also remove all the germs and bacteria from it.
There are bulbs installed within a UV toothbrush sanitizer that emit short-wavelength light to eliminate and kill all the inactive microorganisms. Bacteria can be defined as a group of single-celled microorganisms that reproduce through cell division. The light destroys the bonds of nucleic acids to sanitize the toothbrush, which makes up the DNA. Nucleic Acids are small biomolecules essential to all forms of life that make up DNA. When the DNA is damaged and disrupted, the bacteria are not able to reproduce and perform the functions they need to in order to remain active. Their growth stops at this point.
Ultraviolet rays are invisible, the human eye cannot see them. There are three different bands of Ultraviolet light which depend on the wavelength. It is the shortwave UV-C radiation that is effective at removing germs on your toothbrush. When you place the toothbrush in the sanitizer for a long period of time, there are batter chances of the UV functioning efficiently and killing it than if you put it under it for a short span of time.
For your information, bacteria can also be shielded by other particles as well as being better able to withstand UV, but after some minutes of exposure in most cases, particularly with our subject, the toothbrushes. This way effectiveness of nearly a hundred percent is achieved by the toothbrush sanitizers.
However, in some toothbrush sanitizers, water and air are repeatedly circulated to change the conditions and allow for several passes of the Ultraviolet light onto the bacteria to achieve the most effective removal.
Here, we conclude our article with the hope that it would have helped you in making your decision regarding the purchase of the best toothbrush sanitizer. We reviewed ten of the best, discussed their advantages and disadvantages, and a number of problems and questions related to them. They are very important and play an eminent role in improving your oral and physical hygiene. Toothbrush sanitizers can remove up to 99.99% of bacteria on your toothbrush which is harmful to your health. Your toothbrush has the tendency to catch bacteria even if it is placed away from water or air as it has the bacteria on it from your teeth and mouth.
Toothbrush sanitizers target all price ranges, they are cheap and expensive so that the majority can afford them easily and improve their oral health. They save you from costly dental check-ups. There are a number of advanced features in them as well which can cater to most of the needs and demands of the consumers. If you are still confused about which one of the ten best toothbrush sanitizers you should buy, you should consult with your dentist. They will have the perfect recommendation for you.
Thank you for reading this! Have a good day.