In the following review and buying guide, we have the best charcoal teeth whitener products. Dental Health carries immense importance as the mouth is the place from where all your food goes inside, hence it always needs to be clean and pure to save yourself from any disease or infection. Teeth are the part of your mouth that chew all your food and become the victim of all the bacteria. The bacteria collect of the outer surface of your teeth and forms a yellow layer over them called plaque. They are the part which people notice while you speak and smile. They give you confidence while you smile for the pictures or speak in front of your colleagues or a loved one. So, they should always be clean, without the bacteria and plaque on them.
To remove plaque from your teeth and to keep them white and fresh, to smile more confidently than before, dentists recommend the use of Charcoal Teeth Whiteners. No-fuss of buying extra whitening strips or gels, just buy one charcoal teeth whitener. It is an effective alternative and made up of natural products. Active charcoal teeth whiteners remove surface stains in the form of plaque and bacteria. It might seem like activated charcoal is newly discovered, but it has been here for centuries. This use of teeth whitening of activated charcoal, however, is newly discovered.
All medical content on this site, including this guide and other product reviews, is written by our team of experienced writers and researchers. All writers from The Toothbrush Expert are recommended and reviewed in the industry. You support us through our editorially chosen links, which earn us commission. Learn moreAll of our picks have the American Dental Association (ADA) Seal of Acceptance.
Quick Overview (comparison)
Just in case you want to skip the long and detailed review of what is the best charcoal teeth whitener in each category, here it is:
Top 10 Best Charcoal teeth whitener
Do you want to buy charcoal whitener? Are you not sure about the kind of charcoal whitener you want? Have no worries! We got you covered.
To make everything easier for you, we have compiled together a list of ten best charcoal teeth whiteners that you can easily order on Amazon. Scroll down for more information and reviews on charcoal teeth whiteners.
1 – Hello Oral Care Activated Charcoal Teeth Whitening Toothpaste, best charcoal teeth whitener
This charcoal toothpaste is the best at removing plaque from your teeth and whitening them. It is made up of natural ingredients in the USA. It comes in a pack of two tubes of toothpaste, so the whole family can use it for a longer period of time. This is the number one in all tests, the best charcoal teeth whitener you can find in the market.
- It is in the form of an activated charcoal toothpaste
- SLS free
- Made with fresh mint and coconut oil
- Weighs 113 gram
- Black paste
- Never tested on animals
- BPA free toothbrush
- It whitens the teeth and gives them a natural look. No fake white look.
- It tastes good when you put it in your mouth. This will help you to easily brush your teeth without a constant feeling of vomiting it all out. It won’t cause nausea.
- The inclusion of fresh mint removes all the bad breath from your mouth.
- It comes in a pack of two charcoal teeth whiteners and a toothbrush which is also black in color.
- If you are buying this for your kids, please be sure that they are okay with the flavor of mint as some might not like it.
2 – Active Wow Teeth Whitening Charcoal Powder
Second, on our list is a whitening powder. Good at its function of detoxifying your mouth, it has been loved by a number of customers. It can easily remove stains of coffee, wine and other foods you love but cannot consume more due to their stains.
- Weighs 20 grams
- Made up from organic coconut charcoal, coconut oil, mint flavor, orange seed oil
- Made in the US
- One jar can last 100 uses
- Easy to use
- Number one bestseller on Amazon
- Best charcoal teeth whitener
- All its ingredients are derived from the most premium quality sources.
- It does not have any negative effect on your gums, people with gum diseases can easily use Active Wow.
- The charcoal teeth whitener gives your teeth a clean look without the use of harmful chemicals.
- You can use it regularly, every day for a whiter smile.
- One jar per order, which can be expensive than a tube of charcoal toothpaste. The amount of material is also lesser in it than the tubes of toothpaste.
- It takes some time to show the results, does not give immediate effect.
- You have to rinse your teeth after using this as it may leave them a bit gritty.
3 – Cali White Activated Charcoal Whitening Toothpaste
Cali White is the choice of buyers as it is made from natural ingredients which makes it safe to use for sensitive mouth and kid-safe. It is fluoride-free which helps you in preventing cavities and tooth decay. You should buy it if you or your kids love to eat candies.
- Activated charcoal and coconut oil teeth whitening toothpaste
- Made from organic peppermint oil, tea tree oil, baking soda, and diatomaceous earth
- Kid Safe
- Made in the US
- 100% enamel-safe
- Determined safe for lifetime use by FDA
- Zero sensitivity
- As it is made from natural ingredients, it will less harmful to your gums and teeth.
- It is not as messier as charcoal powders.
- You can buy it for the use of your kids as well as it doesn’t contain substances harmful to a kid’s mouth.
- Its Pacific Mint flavor takes away your bad breath and gives you a fresh sensation.
- It has all the essential oils to keep your mouth fresh, white and clean.
- This charcoal teeth whitener may not remove food stains below the enamel.
4 – Hardwood Activated Charcoal Whitening Powder
This all-natural, multi-purpose activated charcoal powder is totally worth its price and lasts a long time. You can use it for a number of things, be it cleaning your teeth, skin by making face masks or stomach. It is budget-friendly and comes with a free scoop inside.
- 100% pure activated charcoal- nothing extra is added in it
- Comes in a resealable bag
- The charcoal teeth whitener Certified Food Grade
- Money-back guarantee within 30 days
- Can be used for a number of other purposes
- The resealable bag helps to lock the moisture out and keep it fresh after every use.
- You can eat it to improve digestion, use it on your skin to cure bug bites and keep it fresh and clean.
- Hardwood can be used to treat accidental poisoning until professional medical help is made available.
- Use it for a brighter smile as it naturally whitens your teeth and gives you the confidence to face the world.
- Its stains are hard to remove if it fells on your sink or floor. It might take a number of cleaning to these remove surface stains, so use it carefully.
- It can also cause stains on your face which can be removed by an oil.
5 – Lagunamoon Activated Charcoal Natural Teeth Whitening Powder + Bamboo Brush
This charcoal teeth whitening powder made to our list of top ten as it is made up of natural and organic ingredients, safe for the use of sensitive teeth, which also makes it kids friendly. There is no problem using This product on any kind of dental work.
- Made from all-natural coconut charcoal, spearmint
- Easy to use
- Made in the USA, charcoal teeth whitener
- It has activated charcoal which is the best remedy to remove stains.
- No harm on Gums and Enamels.
- Calcium bentonite clay is good at mineralizing your teeth.
- Spearmint, which is also an ingredient in this charcoal powder
- It is non-abrasive in nature which makes it safe for your teeth enamel.
- Charcoals may interfere with some of the medications if you are using any and absorb them.
- Many charcoal powders are not able to remove stains deeper into the teeth and is not able to whiten those areas.
6 – Tom’s of Maine Activated Charcoal Whitening Toothpaste, Charcoal teeth whitener
This made in the USA activated charcoal toothpaste made it to our list due to its budget-friendly price tag. It whitens your teeth and freshens your breath enabling you to carry yourself with confidence. Use this and smile carefreely! It is one of the best charcoal teeth whiteners.
- No fluoride
- Without Gluten
- No artificial colors
- No toxic chemicals
- Made in the USA
- Made up of organic bamboo active charcoal, wintergreen and peppermint essential oil
- Tom’s gives you a happier and a younger look by cleaning all the stains on your teeth and helps you look presentable every day.
- It is made up of top-quality oils and charcoal and processed under top standards to ensure optimum quality and customer satisfaction.
- It is safe on your tooth enamel, won’t hurt any part of your teeth if they are sensitive.
- It may leave stains if it falls somewhere, for instance, your sink or clothes. The stains are difficult to remove. It gets all over your sink when you rinse your mouth.
7 – Black Pearl Activated Charcoal Teeth Whitening Toothpaste
It has a reasonable price considering all the ingredients it is made up of. Along with naturally whitening your teeth, it freshens your mouth odor without hurting your tooth enamel. Buy this and gain the confidence to speak, smile and kiss without any worry.
- Made from organic coconut charcoal and bentonite clay
- Recommended by dentists
- Made in the USA
- Black Pearl easily removes stains from your tooth enamel without harming it.
- To remove bad breath, this toothpaste uses a perfect mix of all the herbs. It cleans your mouth and refreshes you instantly.
- The addition of extra herbs and spices in this whitening toothpaste ensures the control of the natural mouth odor.
- It has some artificial flavoring and other components added in it which might make it not the right choice for someone who is looking for fully natural teeth whitening toothpaste.
8 – My Magic Mud Activated Charcoal Toothpaste
This charcoal whitening toothpaste made to our list of top ten charcoal whiteners because it is the best charcoal toothpaste out there for sensitive teeth. It is best for kids as there won’t be any trouble if it is swallowed and to encourage the use of this to keep dental health in check, there are four flavors provided.
- No glycerin
- Clinically proven
- Made in the US
- No sulfates
- Safe for kids
- Comes in four flavors
- It includes coconut oil which keeps bacteria away from your teeth. It makes it difficult for it to stick on the teeth.
- As it is made from natural and organic substances, there will not be any danger if you swallow it accidentally. It won’t cause any damage to the internal parts of your body.
- It does not guarantee the deep cleansing of your teeth to remove the stains of strong foods and drinks.
9 – Schmidt’s Wondermint Activated Charcoal Toothpaste
This charcoal toothpaste will leave your mouth with a fresh flavor of Wondermint. It comprises activated charcoal, organic aloe leaf juice, pomegranate extract, Mongolia bark extract, and Vitamin E. It is a full treatment for your teeth, and one of the best charcoal teeth whitener.
- SLS free
- Made from vitamins and botanical extracts
- No artificial sweeteners
- Its ingredients include all-natural and organic minerals which will not be damaging to your mouth and help you to improve your oral hygiene.
- If there are no artificial sweeteners added in this, it might taste bitter. It will be difficult for anyone to put it in their mouth for a long period of time. If you are buying this for kids, be sure that they are comfortable with a bitter taste, as they might not like it.
10 – Twin Lotus Charcoal Toothpaste
No products found.
Twin Lotus Charcoal toothpaste is designed to remove bad breath from your mouth while whitening the teeth. It is completely safe to use on sensitive teeth and gums, hence it can be used for kids or older people with sensitive mouthparts or diseases.
- Includes guava and clove leaf
- Advanced Herbal Extract
- Recommended by dentists
- Guava and Clove leaves are great at fighting with the bacteria in your mouth which are the root cause of an unhealthy mouth.
- It enables you to enjoy your morning coffee by removing stains efficiently and protecting them from roughness caused by coffee and guards your smile.
- Its formula which comprises of natural ingredients and modern science helps you to win the fight against plaque.
- It may erode the tooth enamel and increase the sensitivity in your mouth. The irritation in your teeth won’t let you enjoy any type of food.
Best Charcoal Teeth Whitener Buying Guide
I hope our reviews made things easier for you and informed you with the features of an active charcoal whitening toothpaste/powder and its advantages and disadvantages.
Now that we are done with the reviews of the top ten best charcoal teeth whiteners, we will tell you about the basic things you have to notice and keep in mind while purchasing a charcoal teeth whitener. This section will help you save your money and make the best use of it.
There are six main features of a charcoal whitening you need to consider before buying. They are listed and explained below.
This is one of the most essential factors you have to be sure of before buying an activated charcoal whitener. You have to be sure that it is made from the optimum quality minerals and vitamins as you are going to put this in your mouth. It might cause you diseases or infections if it is made from chemicals that are not good for your teeth and body.
A way to be certain about the origins of all the ingredients used is that they must lie in a country or place where there is strict checking on the production of goods by the government and have higher quality standards.
We recommend the charcoal whiteners made in the US, Western Europe or Australia.
Your charcoal whitening should be comprised of all the necessary minerals and herbs to remove stains from your teeth and give you a fresh breath. Charcoal tubes of toothpaste have the advantage of producing completely naturally over traditional toothpaste.
It should have oils to improve its taste, for example, peppermint oil, etc. and ingredients like bentonite clay and baking soda to make it more useful and help it to remove plaque from your teeth without hurting the tooth enamel.
The price of these activated charcoal whiteners varies in the range of $5 – $20 according to the number of benefits they are going to give you. You must buy the one in your budget and not overspend on these. Order one and check it, then order more if it works for you and your family. The price of the toothpaste is different than the price of powders.
Toothpaste vs Powder
Shortly explained the difference between a charcoal toothpaste and a charcoal powder.
Quite different from charcoal powder, charcoal toothpaste is just charcoal added into the ingredients of the traditional toothpaste we all are habitual of using. It is less messy than charcoal powder. It includes ingredients like baking soda etc. to make it more efficient in its functions and flavoring to make it taste sweeter.
Activated charcoal whitening powders are normally made up of just natural ingredients and are recommended by dentists to people with sensitive teeth or gums. It easily makes its way to all parts of your teeth including the joining between two teeth. It has been concluded that it provides more value to the customers than charcoal toothpaste, however, using it is not easy as it may fall everywhere.
Sensitivity is caused by a number of reasons. These reasons include periodontal diseases, tooth decays, etc. According to research, it is estimated that 1 in 8 adults have the problem of sensitivity. If you are one of those people who suffer from sensitivity than you should look for a mildly activated charcoal whitener with minerals in it. There must be as few chemicals as possible in the product.
If you are one of the people who want to whiten their teeth but do not like the process of spending a lot of time buying and using gels and strips, then activated charcoal teeth whitener is a perfect alternative for you. It takes less time to apply it and is more efficient in its functions. It does not include any harsh chemical which could harm your teeth, sensitive or not. If you are looking for an immediate result, use an activated charcoal whitener.
FAQs on Charcoal Teeth Whitener
Done with reading all the important stuff on what to keep in mind while looking for an activated charcoal whitening, but still, have questions? No worries again, our blog has it all covered.
Just scroll down to read our take on some frequently asked questions!
Activated Charcoal toothpaste or powders are user-friendly unless your teeth are super sensitive or your product has some strong chemicals in it which could hurt you. You can use them 4-5 times a week easily. It could be every day depending on the type of product you are using. Use them when you feel like your teeth need more protection than usual. This could be because you consumed more coffee, wine or oily food than usual which could leave a stain on your teeth or give you bad breath. You can also use this before going to an important date or a date with your crush!
Activated charcoal toothpaste or powder is really good at removing stains and plaque from your teeth which in result whitens them. It has ingredients such as baking powder and bentonite clay to help it perform this function. Users of activated charcoal powder have confirmed that this indeed does whiten teeth. The ratings on Amazon for charcoal powders are also quite high, confirming that people are liking the product and using it more.
Active Charcoal has some abrasive ingredients which make it rough for your tooth enamel. A loss of enamel results in higher risk sensitivity and tooth decay. When enamel is removed, a layer of calcified yellow tissue emerges which makes your teeth look paler than before. The adverse reactions of activated charcoal are rare and very infrequent. Do not apply it if you have any cut or open wounds in your mouth. If you face any, please visit your dentist as soon as possible to stop the damage.
There are two methods to use activated charcoal to whiten the teeth. Consult your dentist before applying any method. Please do not take the matter of your dental health lightly, it could lead to bigger problems in the future.
Method 1: Use a toothpaste in which activated charcoal is already added in it to see if it works for your mouth and teeth. Dentists usually recommend this to people with sensitive gums and teeth. It will be less abrasive. However, it is less effective in whitening your teeth, it will remove the stains though. If you are a smoker or drink regularly, you will notice your teeth getting whiter and smokers and coffee or wine drinkers have paler teeth than people who do not use these things.
Method 2: Another way to use activated charcoal is to make your own charcoal paste. It is recommended for people with healthy gums and teeth as you will be applying charcoal directly on the teeth, not mixed with any other paste. Chemicals or ingredients that companies include in their product to make it more effective will not be included in your product, which might make it less useful as it might not whiten the teeth. Follow the following steps to make your own activated charcoal paste at home:
1. Buy some tablets of activated best charcoal teeth whitener and fully crush one in a bowl.
2. Fill one teaspoon with water and pour it into the bowl and mix it. You can add more water drops, just don’t make it drippy, it won’t work otherwise.
3. Take a soft-bristled toothbrush, put the paste on it and try your homemade charcoal paste!
It is very difficult to whiten your teeth quickly; it might take someday to do it. Using an active charcoal whitener is the most effective way to do so and at the earliest time possible.
Remember, before you start to use activated charcoal, please pay a visit to your dentist and tell them about your plans. They will recommend the best products and check if your teeth are sensitive or not and if your oral health is strong enough to use an activated charcoal whitening. You must know that activated charcoal products are still not ADA approved as they can damage your enamel and cause other dental problems for you.
Consult your dentist before trying out anything as they will give you genuine recommendations and evaluate your mouth’s condition. We hope that you were able to reach a final conclusion by the end of this review and buying guide and that we were able to clear all your queries regarding the best charcoal teeth whitening toothpaste and powders. Make a decision most convenient for your dental hygiene. And find the best charcoal teeth whitener here.
Read more of our blogs if you have any other confusion about your dental health and tools related to it. We have you covered! Here you will find the best bamboo toothbrushes.
Let’s make your decision:
Dr Michael Jones is the proud founder of The Toothbrush Expert. He has been working as a dentist for 21 years now. Besides his work as a dentist, Michael wants to help people to find the right dental products. His goal is to provide everyone with honest expert reviews on all kinds of dental care products.