The importance of dental health is immense and can’t be denied, therefor this blog tells you everything about the Best Waterpik for Braces. Our mouth plays a very important role in the functioning of our bodies. All the food is chewed there and passed down from there. Think about what will happen if the place where all the food comes into your body is not clean and tidy? Your body will catch infections and diseases. The mouth itself will become prone to a number of infections. Hence, it is very necessary to remove all the bacteria and stuck food particles from your mouth every time you eat food.
The basic purpose of oral health is to keep your teeth, tongue, gums, and lips clean and moist so that you can easily chew and swallow your meals. A dirty mouth can cause severe toothache, tooth decay and a lot of discomforts.
All medical content on this site, including this guide and other product reviews, is written by our team of experienced writers and researchers. All writers from The Toothbrush Expert are recommended and reviewed in the industry. You support us through our editorially chosen links, which earn us commission. Learn moreAll of our picks have the American Dental Association (ADA) Seal of Acceptance.
- Top 10 Best Waterpik for Braces of 2022
- 1 – Waterpik Water Flosser, Best Waterpik for Braces (Best Pick 🥇)
- 2 – Waterpik Aquarius Water Flosser (Waterpik WP 660 Aquarius)
- 3 – Waterpik Ultra Water Flosser, Waterpik for braces
- 4 – Waterpik Whitening Water Flosser, especially for braces
- 5 – Waterpik Cordless Advanced Water Flosser for braces
- 6 – Waterpik Complete Care White Oscillating 9.5, Best electric toothbrush and water flosser for braces
- 7 – Waterpik Cordless Freedom
- 8 – Waterpik Water Flosser Oral Irrigator
- 9 – Waterpik Water Flosser for Kids, with braces
- 10 – Waterpik Classic Jet Tip
- Why use Waterpik water flossers?
- Where do you pay attention to while buying the best Waterpik for braces?
- How do you use a Waterpik flosser with braces?
- Frequently Asked Questions on Best Waterpik for Braces
Top 10 Best Waterpik for Braces of 2022
You can improve your oral hygiene in a number of ways. It can be by brushing your teeth, flossing, using a tongue scraper and a mouthwash. You can form a care routine that you should follow religiously and regularly. Dental health is as important as physical and mental health. A number of people underestimate its importance and become a victim of severe issues, for example, periodontal diseases.
There are a lot of people out there who wear braces and often find it difficult for themselves to floss their teeth. So, to make it easier for you all, we are going to list ten best Waterpiks for braces as a subsequent to floss. It will help you to clean food debris from between your teeth and remove plaque. Water flossers or Waterpiks are easy to use and efficient in their function. Sometimes people are not able to floss between their teeth in the recommended C-shape, so water flossers make it easy for them to floss correctly.
Here we have listed the top ten best Waterpiks for braces and their reviews to make selecting a water flosser for you and your family easy.
This was a short summary of our top 3 products. Here you will find the extended reviews about all the products in our Top 10 of water flossers for braces.
1 – Waterpik Water Flosser, Best Waterpik for Braces (Best Pick 🥇)
“The Waterpik Sonic-Fusion is the number one recommended flosser by oral experts and excellent in a number of ways,” says Dr. Jenny Gandhi, oral health expert and graduated her D.M.D. on Nova Southeastern University in Florida. The top Waterpik on our list is Waterpik Water flosser which comes with a Waterpik Electric Toothbrush. It is American Dental Authority approved and has three modes; brush, floss and brush and floss. It is two times as effective as traditional brushes and flossing as for the removal of plaque and am improvement in your gum health.
For more information about these devices you can read the post about the best electric toothbrush and water flosser combo.
- American Dental Association accepted
- Brush and floss at the same time
- Sonic brush + proven effectiveness of a Waterpik
- The capacity is of more than a minute
- Limited warranty of three years
- Comes with seven water flosser tips
- Up to 2x as effective as traditional brushing and flossing
- You can change the modes of your Waterpik just by the press of a button
- You can easily set it at your preferred cleaning level
- It has a recharge indicator which shows a light when its charging
- It has a handle in hanging base when it is not in use
- It has specially engineered compact flossing brush head so that it can move around your teeth easily
- It is a bit expensive you have to be sure about some space for this water flosser in your budget.
Enthousiastic Product Review“I currently have a regular Waterpik and an electric toothbrush that take up 2 plugs in the bathroom. Both were doing the job or so I thought. I just got my 2 in 1 Waterpik sonic-fusion and using only water I brushed my teeth with it after dinner tonight. I’m absolutely amazed at how clean my teeth are and I’m more impressed how much food residue it removed from in between my teeth. I had a salad for dinner and with my old Waterpik and toothbrush I usually had have to break out the floss to get some of the residue out. That was not the case tonight and I didn’t even have to set the Waterpik on max to remove everything.”
2 – Waterpik Aquarius Water Flosser (Waterpik WP 660 Aquarius)
“The Waterpik WP 660 is one of the best Water Flossers on the market and superior in a number of ways,” says Drew King, a Dentist in Atlanta. The second on our list of best Waterpiks for braces is Waterpik’s Aquarius Water Flosser which is clinically tested and proven to healthier the gums and brighter the teeth by using just a minute every day. It is ADA approved and has a number of features worth its price.
Full product review of the Waterpik WP 660
- American Dental Association accepted
- Smaller in size
- Quieter in sound
- Clinically Proven
- Ideal for braces
- Massage mode for gum stimulation
- Enhanced Pressure with ten settings ranging from 10 to 100 PSI
- Built-in timer/pacer
- Delivers 1400 water pulses per minute
- Holds 22 ounces of water
- Provides ninety seconds of water capacity
- An on/off switch to control water flow
- 7 tips for multiple family members and needs
- Compatible with 120VAC/60 hertz outlets (North America only)
- The easiest and effective way to floss.
- Removes up to ninety percent of plaque.
- It is fifty percent more effective than the traditional floss for improving gum health.
- Perfect for braces, implants and other dental work.
- Saves you from all the gum diseases.
- It is backed with a three-year warranty.
- No specific cons
Enthousiastic Product Review“I am in my late 60’s and my gums are starting to recede. A few years back, I began to develop slight to moderate periodontal disease. I felt that my previous waterpik, even at it’s lowest setting was sometimes more harmful than beneficial to my gums. I also wanted something that was recommended by the American Dental Association. My dental hygienist recommended this specific waterpik waterflosser because of it’s overall performance and it’s versatility of settings and attachments. I liked this waterpic immediately because it comes with 10 different pressure settings, giving me the option to dial in a setting to match how my gums feel on any particular day. The lowest setting is quite soothing and the highest setting is like using a pressure washer so you definitely have a variety of options. It also comes with 7 tips for individual needs such as braces, bridges, implants and more. One tip that is particularly useful to me is a tip for periodontal pockets, which is important in fighting receding gumlines. Water Pik, as a company, has been around a long time and has a great customer service team and offers a 3 year warranty with this product. If you have any issues going on within your mouth, you might want to first discuss with your dentist the things to look for in a waterpic that is specific to your needs. Personally, I have been using this waterflosser for a month now and am very happy with my choice.”
3 – Waterpik Ultra Water Flosser, Waterpik for braces
“The Waterpik Ultra Water Flosser is a breakthrough in battery-operated Flossers,” says Dr. Karen Cooper, a Dentist and Graduated from the Private Institution of Western Reserve University of the School of Dentistry. Waterpik’s Ultra Water Flosser for braces on our list as well. Water Jet is clinically proven to be 93% more effective than flossing. It improves gum health and provides superior cleaning of your mouthparts. It deep cleans below the gumline and massages your gums. You can get healthier gums in 14 days if you use it regularly.
- Includes advanced controls
- Delivers pressure of up to 90 PSI with 1200 pulses per minute
- Includes six color-coded tips
- Size; 11 inches and 27 cm
- Pause button on the handle
- 1400 pulses per minute
- 90+ seconds, 650 mL reservoir capacity
- Six tips included with the unit
- Two classic jet tips
- A pik pocket tip
- A plaque seeker tip
- An Orthodontic Tip
- A Toothbrush Tip
- It cleans up to 99.9% of plaque on your teeth.
- Waterpik is perfect for anyone with braces, implants, crowns, bridges or periodontal pockets.
- It is smaller and quieter than the previous models.
- Ultra-Water Flosser is comfortable to hold and has a pause button for your ease.
- It also has an in-lid tip storage compartment to make the experience best for the user.
- Three times more efficient in cleaning around braces than dental floss.
- No removable cling labels
Enthousiastic Product ReviewI have been a Hygienist for 20 years now. Those people who have been using THIS product from THIS company do not spend as much money in the dental office as others do. In fact, other that getting their teeth clean, they do not spend any more. The water pick puts air and water down under the tissue and kills the bacteria that causes periodontal disease. The water flushes out particles that you miss when brushing and flossing which can cause decay. To get good results, you must use it every day. Start your kids with this habit when they start braces or age 10, and you will save a lot of money. .I have bought many of these units for my patients that can not afford them. Amazon has the best prices on these products. This is the unit to get.
4 – Waterpik Whitening Water Flosser, especially for braces
One of the top ten best Waterpiks for braces is the Waterpik Whitening Water Flosser. It is the best because it gives your teeth the whitening you have always wanted to have. It is ideal for those who want to easily whiten teeth at home without harsh bleaching chemicals or expensive teeth whitening treatments. Scroll down to read more of its features.
- American Dental Association accepted
- Naturally whitens your teeth when you floss
- Whitening Infuser Technology
- Includes thirty fresh mint whitening tablets
- Includes tip storage case
- Pressure range 10 to 100 PSI (0.703 to 7.030 kilogram/centimeter square)
- Flow Rate Per Minute 13 Ounces or 400 millimeters
- Comes with a three-year warranty
- It is perfect for those who do not want to use harsh bleaching chemicals or undergo expensive teeth whitening treatments
- It is clinically proven to remove up to 25% more stains than brushing alone
- Waterpik can remove up to 99.9% of the plaque
- It is also 50% more effective for improving gum health
- Its effect is as gentle as a toothpaste’s effect
- The flavor of mint tablets may not be liked by everyone.
5 – Waterpik Cordless Advanced Water Flosser for braces
Approved for your use by the ADA, Waterpik’s fifth water flosser on our list of best Waterpiks for braces is Cordless. The features it has been totally worth the price. It is best for you if you are a frequent traveler as it is rechargeable and portable. The brand promises healthier gums in just 14 days if you use it every day for a minute. It removes plaque and is perfect for people with implants, braces and other dental work.
Full product review of the Waterpik WP 560
- American Development Association accepted
- Clinically Proven
- Three Pressure Settings
- Personalize water pressure intensity
- Limited warranty for two years
- Comes with two classic jet tips
- Includes 1 Orthodontic Tip
- Includes 1 Plaque Seeker Tip
- Rapid Magnetic Charger included
- 360-degree tip rotation
- Reservoir Capacity of 45 seconds (7 ounces)
- Four tips included
- LED battery indicator
- Waterpik Cordless has a feature of 360-degree rotation which helps it to gain access to all the parts of your mouth.
- Two times more effective than the string floss for improving gum health around implants.
- It has a charger that connects magnetically to the unit and fully charges it in four hours.
- It is great for travel. The pack includes a travel bag as well.
- It comes with just four tips, other options have more.
6 – Waterpik Complete Care White Oscillating 9.5, Best electric toothbrush and water flosser for braces
This clinically proven Waterpik is number six of our list of top ten best Waterpiks for braces as it is an electric toothbrush and water flosser combined. It is also just one unit which makes it easy for the user to use, you can perform two functions from one device in less space. It has a reservoir capacity of ninety seconds and includes a toothbrush timer or pacer.
- Oscillating Electric Toothbrush
- Easy to use
- Only one unit
- Ultra-compact and convenient design
- A rechargeable triple clean toothbrush
- Three modes
- Includes five flosser tips
- Comes with two brush heads
- A toothbrush travel case included
- A limited warranty of two years
- 120VAC/60Hz for use in North America only
- Two classic tips for general use
- As it is just one unit, it saves up space for the user.
- It has three modes of high, low and massage.
- The massage mode gives you round brush head cleans with rotating oscillating scan.
- Its two triple clean brush heads feature soft, high to low bristles which gently but effectively removes plaque from hard to read areas of your mouth.
- It is a little expensive than other products on the list.
7 – Waterpik Cordless Freedom
Seventh on our list of top ten best water flosser for braces is Cordless freedom which true to its name provides the user total freedom as it is rechargeable through batteries included in the pack. It is compact in size and water-resistant; you can use it wherever you want. It is totally worth the price considering the number of features it has for your use.
- American Dental Association accepted
- Battery operated
- Three AA batteries included
- Flow Per Rate Per minute is 260mL
- Pulses Per Minute are 1200
- Two pressure modes
- Pressure range from 45 to 75 PSI
- Three water flossing tips included
- Comes with a Deluxe Microfiber travel bag
- Limited warranty for one year
- Two classic jet tips
- Dual pressure control on the handle
- Reservoir capacity of thirty seconds (5 ounces)
- It is small in size so it is perfect for small bathrooms and travel.
- You can use this is a shower when you are running late as it is water-resistant.
- You can personalize your water pressure intensity through the cordless freedom dual water pressure.
- It comes with a traveling plug as well to prevent leakages during travel.
- Other products offer a warranty for more years.
- Some products on the list have a bigger reservoir capacity.
8 – Waterpik Water Flosser Oral Irrigator
Number eight on our list of best Waterpik for braces is the Oral Irrigator Water Flosser because of its outstanding features in competitive pricing. It is easy to use and extremely effective. Furthermore, it excels in removing plaque from your teeth and improving your overall gum health. It has been tested by professionals and approved for use by them. Scroll down to read more about it.
- Smaller in size
- Quieter invoice
- Clinically proven
- American Dental Association seal of acceptance
- Features massage mode for gum stimulation
- Enhanced pressure settings ranging from 10 to 100 PSI
- Built-in timer
- Delivers 1400 water pulses per minute
- Holds 22 ounces of water
- Provides 90 seconds of water capacity (22 ounces)
- No refilling required
- Easily controlled water flow
- On/off switch
- Seven tips for multiple family members
- LED information panel
- The enhanced custom settings enable you to organize a custom clean for your mouth.
- The timer pauses briefly at thirty seconds and one minute to help you track your flossing time.
- Oral Irrigator’s reservoir s top-rack dishwasher that is safe for easy cleaning.
- The seven tips include three classics, one orthodontic, one plaque seeker for implants and other dental work, one pik pocket for periodontal pockets, one toothbrush tip.
- The toothbrush tip rotates at 360 degrees to gain access to all parts of your mouth.
- The color pink might not be preferred by a number of people.
9 – Waterpik Water Flosser for Kids, with braces
This water flosser was included in our list as it is specially designed for kids and sensitive gums. It will help you encourage your kids to design a dental care routine and practice is every day. It is cheap in price and works very well for the users. Its design is also custom made for kids with braces as it is colorful and has stickers on it. This will further encourage them to floss every day and keep themselves safe from dental diseases. Children with braces or other dental work can also use this as it is ideal for them.
- Extra safe
- Kids-proof electrical design
- Clinically proven
- Comes with an orthodontic tip
- Includes a classic jet tip
- Three pressure settings
- Twenty fun removable cling labels
- Global Voltage compatible (100-240 VAC)
- It is good as removing plaque and improving gum health.
- It is three times more effective than brushing alone.
- An orthodontic tip is good for children with braces.
- Classic Jet tip is good for general cleaning of the mouth.
- No warranty.
- There isn’t water control on the handle.
- No covered reservoir.
- No covered tip storage in the unit.
- Unfortunately no hydro-pulse massage mode and LED mode indicators.
10 – Waterpik Classic Jet Tip
This water flosser on our list of best Waterpik for braces is made for general use. It deep cleanses between your teeth and below the gumline eradicating all the bacteria and food debris from your mouth. Scroll down to read more about the best Waterpik for braces.
- High-Pressure Water Flosser
- Tip Replacement
- Advance design
- Super-sleek style
- Comes with two color-coded water flosser replacement jets
- You can easily replace the jet tips of the flosser after every six months as two of them are included in the package.
- It is clinically proven to be fifty percent more effective for improving gum health than the string floss.
- It is very cheap in price.
- It is very light in weight. You can carry it anywhere you go.
- Comparatively much fewer features than other larger Waterpik water flosser.
We hope our reviews have made it easier for you to make a decision for yourself and your family according to your budget and requirement. Waterpik Water Flossers should be owned by every household to improve their dental hygiene and be healthier than ever.
Why use Waterpik water flossers?
- It is the creator of innovative oral health care products since 1962.
- It is the original inventor of the Waterpik water flosser.
- It is supported by more than seventy scientific research studies.
- It was founded and is based in Fort Collins, Colorado, US.
Our next section will include all the important things you must look into a water flosser before making the decision of purchasing it. Scroll down to read al the tips and tricks to make this purchase easier for you.
Where do you pay attention to while buying the best Waterpik for braces?
There are a number of factors which you must consider before buying the best Waterpik for braces. We have explained some of them below.
Price history of a water flosser
you must always remember your budget while buying a water flosser for braces. Many companies have introduced these products at different price ranges, compare all of your choices and choose the one which has the most benefits at a low price if you are on a tight budget. Some of the features may be absent at a low price but check if you even need them or not. Some features might be just added by the companies to increase the price of their water flosser when their need is zero in actual.
Size and Portability of the Waterpik
the size of the water flosser depends on the size of your family and the size of your bathroom. If you have a lot of space in your bathroom or vanity, you may choose the one with the biggest size. The biggest water flosser may have more features included in it. If you are just buying it for traveling or you have a small space in your bathroom, you will need a small, compact-sized water flosser with a travel case that can be carried everywhere. It can easily fit into a drawer or a cabinet. For traveling, you can buy the cordless water flosser of Waterpik.
This is an important factor because the water pressure which a person can stand varies from person to person as per the nature of the sensitivity of their teeth. Most people can not use the water flosser or are afraid to use it due to the pressure of water coming out from it. It hurts their teeth. So before purchasing a water flosser, you have to be sure you are purchasing the one with numerous pressure control options available so that you can use it even when your teeth get sensitive or stronger than before. Many models in the market have more than ten options available for pressure settings, but it may increase their price.
It is also a very important consideration when choosing a water flosser. A water flosser with a large reservoir capacity does not need to be refilled again and again, requires less upkeep whereas a water flosser with a smaller reservoir needs to fill with water again and again which is time-consuming and hectic. You must keep in mind that water flossers with a larger water capacity require more space and can be expensive. You can not take it with you on a vacation because of its size.
- Small reservoir: 50 ml – 200 ml
- Medium reservoir: 200 ml – 500 ml
- Large reservoir: 500 ml and bigger
Now that you have read the buyer’s guide, we are certain you must have had some options for your purchase quite clear in your mind. Price, portability, pressure, and capacity are the major factors that you must consider before buying a water flosser. However, if you still have some confusion and queries, please head over to our next sections which include all the questions you might want to ask and look for answers. Scroll down!
How do you use a Waterpik flosser with braces?
Time needed: 3 minutes.
Follow the following steps to effectively use your water flosser.
- Step 1:
Gargle with lukewarm water so your gums start to soften. It will help in erasing bacteria, plaque, and food particles.
- Step 2:
If you want to provide your gums with additional protection from microorganisms, fill the water flosser’s reservoir with fluoride mouthwash.
- Step 3:
Now select the tip of the flosser and firmly attach it to the unit’s handle.
- Step 4:
Set the pressure settings. You must start with low pressure and gradually increase to high pressure. Starting with high pressure can lead to pain and discomfort in your gums.
- Step 5:
Carefully lean over the basin and put the tip in your mouth. Leaning over the basin will save water dripping from your mouth from spilling all over your clothes.
- Step 6:
Shut your mouth tightly and turn the water flosser on.
- Step 7:
Begin from the teeth at your back so that the food particles move to the front.
- Step 8:
Slowly move the tip to all parts of your mouth, along with every tooth and each part of the gumline.
- Step 9:
When you are flossing a tooth, take the unit to the bracket and gently brush it. Do the same with the surface around it. Repeat this action for each tooth.
- Step 10:
When you are done, turn off the water flosser first and then take the flosser tip out of your mouth. Your braces, teeth, and gums will feel very clean now.
If there is still some confusion in the process, we recommend that you visit your dentist and request them to perform the steps in front of you. Do not use it if you are not sure if you can do it.
Frequently Asked Questions on Best Waterpik for Braces
Water flossers are great for braces due to a number of reasons. Three of the most major ones are explained below:
Decalcification is a very common issue faced by people with braces. It leaves white spots on your teeth, affecting the tooth enamel. It is a consequence of acid from drinking and eating which gets stuck near the braces and is not cleaned by a simple toothbrush. It falls under the areas of the mouth which aren’t easy to clean when you use braces. Teeth then become decalcified.
Due to plaque, your gums turn red, swell and start to bleed very easily. It is an early sign of gum disease. If it is not treated on time, gingivitis can grow into a very serious disease. Water flossers remove plaque and prevent gingivitis by protecting your gums. Flossers are three times more effective for removing plaque around braces than string floss.
Easier than flossing
When you are wearing braces, it becomes very difficult to floss with string floss as it can’t reach all places and sometimes gets stuck in the braces or your teeth, but water flossers do not get stuck anywhere and perform their functions effectively and efficiently. They remove food debris from your mouth very easily.
Waterpiks are generally proven to be more effective than flossing. When flossing, you can’t reach all parts of your mouth that efficiently the way Waterpiks do. You can’t clean your teeth if you have braces on with traditional strings but the water flossers’ pressure can easily clean all the bacteria and food debris frozen on your teeth.
The best, most effective and efficient way to floss with braces is to use the best Waterpiks for braces listed above. Set the water pressure according to your gum and teeth health and enjoy neat and healthy teeth and gums.
Yes, it is okay to use a Waterpik with braces. There are special Waterpiks made for people with braces as they are very effective in their functions. They are more efficient than traditional threads. They don’t harm your braces or hurt you in any way even if the pressure of the water flosser is very high. It does not move your braces. Waterpik has specialized in making flossers for braces.
Waterpik generally does not damage your teeth or gums. However, if the pressure is too high then it might hurt your gums. You have to set the pressure of the water flosser according to the sensitivity level of your teeth and gums to save yourself from any discomfort. If you are unsure about the sensitivity level of your teeth and gums, then we recommend that you start with the lowest water pressure to save yourself from any problem, for example bleeding from gums.
It is safe to say that to maintain good dental health you need a water flosser, especially if you have braces. They are very good at removing food particles and bacteria from your mouth which simple brushing and flossing can’t.
We tried to list down all the Waterpiks for people with braces to make decision making easier for you. And we hope that you have reached a decision by now. We tried our best to make it easy for you and cover all the topics of your concern. For more information about the best toothbrush for braces check this.
Do not forget to consult your dentist before purchasing one as they know your mouth’s healthy and can surely recommend a good one. Dentists usually know all the main products in the market, they can genuinely help you with this.
Buy the Waterpik which is in your budget and perform the functions you need the most. Buy it for your family and kids to make them follow a good and healthy dental care routine from their childhood so that they can enjoy all sorts of meals in their old age. Happy researching!
Dr Michael Jones is the proud founder of The Toothbrush Expert. He has been working as a dentist for 21 years now. Besides his work as a dentist, Michael wants to help people to find the right dental products. His goal is to provide everyone with honest expert reviews on all kinds of dental care products.